Have a Gas Emergency?
* Leave the building * Do not turn on or off anything electrical * Go outside and use a neighbors phone or cell phone to call 911
The City of McLouth provides utility services for Water - Sewer - Gas - Trash

One bill for all services.

You choose e-billing or paper billing. We offer ACH (auto payment from your account), On-line payments (fee applies), Auto On-line payments (fee applies), Dropbox at City Hall and McLouth Country Harvest Grocery Store and walk in payments at City Hall during business hours. 

Have questions? Call us:

Utility Clerk:  Jill Lampe: 913-796-6411 or email her at utility@cityofmclouth.org

Utility Superintendent: Chad Bradley: 913-775-3430 or email him at utilitysuper@cityofmclouth.org 

Utility/Maintenance Worker: David Riley: 785-813-5164 or email him at maintenance@cityofmclouth.org

City Administrator/City Clerk: Kim Everley, MMC: 913-796-6411 or 785-691-8321 or email at: clerk@cityofmclouth.org


Sign Up for Notifications

Sign up (click on badge above) to receive notification concerning Water Breaks, Weather Updates and more!


    Secure Payments through PSN Payments

    HERE to look up your bill amount and make a payment.
    Registration is required

    Setting up your Utilities
    • Fill out and sign a deposit form
    • Bring it to City Hall with your driver’s license, social security card or other form of Official ID
    • $300 Deposit, check, cash or card – see clerk for details
    • Must be home to have gas turned on
    Basic Charges
    • Water $23 for a 1000 gallons – water protection fee applies when applicable
    • $11 per each 1000 gallons used after 1st 1000
    • Sewer $30 for 1st 1000 gallons - $4 per every 1000 after
    • Gas $15.00 + tax, prices fluctuate with the current rate
    • Waste Disposal - $16.68 per utility customer, cart provided, Tuesday pickup

    The deposit form and payment of $300 must be received before services can be turned on. Home owners will receive the deposit with interest, after 2 years of on time payments. It will be applied to the bill. Renters will receive the deposit back, minus any payment due, plus interest, upon moving. 

    A request for services to be turned ON requires:
       *An adult over the age of 18 be present 
       *By appointment only  

    Please see payment policy for payment details.


    2023 Service Schedule

    Trash Service:
    Service starts at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday mornings.
    Trash is not to be set out before 5:00 p.m. the day
    before trash pickup and empty containers must be
    removed from street or sidewalk no later than 
    8:00 a.m. the following day. 

    Inland Waste Solutions, LLC offers recycling for a
    set amount per month, cart provided. Pick up will be the 2nd
    Friday of every month.

    Utility customers should have a 95 gallon cart as part of your service.
    If you do not, contact city hall:

    Big Items are limited to: 

    • Furniture, appliances, cabinets, etc.
      will be picked up free of charge - please review the LIMITS
      (limit 1 (one) item/ per customer/ per week) OR Carpet rolls: 5 ft in length tied in rolls (10 rolls per week) 
    • 5- 30 gallon containers of yard waste per week.
    • Uncontainerized rubbish will be trimmed,
      cut and tied securely in bundles of less than
      3 feet in length and 2 inches in thickness,
      weighing not more than sixty-five (65) pounds 
      with a limit of 5 bundles per week.
    • Containers for households must be 35 gallons or less, no less than 15 gallons, must have handles (no barrels)
    • Tree limbs/branches must be no longer than 3 ft, 2inches in thickness, and must be bundled in bundles not weighing more than 65 pounds with a limit of 5 bundles/week.
    What to do if you smell a gas leak:

    *Gas smells like rotten eggs*

    • Get out of the building
    • Do not turn on or off anything electrical
    • Call 911 from a cell phone or neighbor's phone
    • Do not enter the building until it has been cleared

    Things to post and remember:

    Keep a list of phone numbers posted and handy                                                                                                                                                                  Go to neighbors or outside of the effected structure or area to make this call.                                                                                                                      Do Not turn any lights or switches on or off
    In case of Emergency call 911 (you can hear blowing or hissing, fire, or very strong odor of natural gas.

    Always call DIGSAFE prior to digging:  811 or 1-800-DIG-SAFE (1-800-344-7233) prior to any digging or excavation.

    Learn more about gas safety by watching the videos below!



    Have a water leak or water concern? Contact McLouth City Hall. 

    Click to review the 2019 KDHE Consumer Confidence Water Report

    Click to review the 2020 KDHE Consumer Confidence Water Report

    Click to review the 2021 KDHE Consumer Confidence Water Report


    Think you have sewer trouble? Give us a call! 

    We will inspect the main to make certain there is no blockage.

    Still having trouble? You will need to call a plumber.  


    Numbers you might need: 

    CenturyLink:     800.201.4099  (phone/dish/internet)

    Giant Communication: 800.346.9084 (phone/cable/internet)

    KS One Call: 800.344.7233 or 811  (call before you dig)  

    Evergy Energy: 800.383.1183 (for establishing service)

    Evergy Energy: 800.544.4857 (to report power outages)

    City of McLouth: 913-796-6411 (water, sewer, gas and trash)

    Inland Waste Solutions: 785-232-9168 (recycling or additional carts)

    What is Gas Safety?

    How do I tell if I have a gas leak?

    What are those gas markers?

    Who do I call if I need to dig?